It’s truly fall here in New York City and we’re happy about it. Are you? Furry dogs alike are probably breathing a sigh of relief that the heat has subsided! With October here and that autumnal feeling in the air it seemed appropriate to share a seasonal recipe we discovered on 17apart.com. Of course, it’s a recipe for your dog! Instead of buying them treats this week, try making sweet potato dog chews. Here’s the recipe.
What you’ll need:
– Large sweet potatoes
– Mandoline or sharp knife
– Cutting Board
– Baking Sheets
– Aid of your choosing for greasing the pans
1. Preheat oven to lowest setting. The author’s oven went to 175 degrees.
2. Cut on top off your sweet potatoes for balance while cutting
3. Cut lengthwise slices that are about 1/3 inch thick (they’ll get thinner after dehydrating)
4. Grease baking sheet
5. Place slices on pan(s)
6. Let dehydrate in oven for a long time. 17apart.com recommends around 8 hours or less for higher heats
7. Take treats out when they are done to your liking (shorter for chewier, longer for tougher)
8. If desired, let them sit overnight in the oven (when it’s off)
For more information check out 17apart.com!
If you make this recipe tell us on our Facebook page!